Sunday, October 30, 2016

British Paratroopers

A collection of prone figures - a PIAT gunner, a rifleman and a Bren gunner

I've had a chance to a little bit of painting over the last few weeks. I've been chipping away a few British paratroopers. I managed to put together sixty or so out of  the plastic stash. These are a mix of Revell and ESCI and I'm quite happy with how they've turned out. 





A PIAT gunner and rifleman take aim

The figures were washed in the dishwasher, then based. I gave each one a coat of PVA and they were then undercoated in white. They were painted in slightly watered down Vallejo acrylic. 


An officer, a radio man and two squaddies. 

I'll mostly be using these for Memoir '44 which has quite a few scenario featuring British paras. Unfortunately, I have not yet got a figure with an umbrella - but wheels are in motion. 


A mix of ESCI and Revell poses. 

Unusually for me, these aren't painted according to instructions from the Battlefront website.  I have some painting instructions scrawled on the back of an envelope, which I presumably got some somewhere - but where exactly is lost to the ravenous sands of time. 

Nameless wargamer - whose notes I have followed.  I salute you Sir. You are a boon to your fellow man and I only regret that I cannot give credit where credit is due.  




The camouflage was a bit of a struggle as I detest painting it, but needs must where the Devil drives and all that.  I just gritted my teeth and ploughed on.  The figures were given a water down wash of Devlin mud as the original colour was quite stark.  I think it's done the trick. 



I particularly like the Bren pose. 



The cats bedroom has changed somewhat
(I must get a lamp shade)

Paratroopers aren't the only things being painted around here at the moment. Sir Harry Flashman's bedroom has changed a little bit - but he seems to be adapting rather well.  Hopefully the new arrivals will like it. 


Another new arrival

This was the most recent new arrival - presumably an advance party. He answers to the name Johann Sebastian Bark.  I think he'll fit in just fine. 


In the mean time, we've been sorting out some pictures for the new room. Probably the most important bit really. 




14 comments:

  1. Very good to see you scratching out some hobby time before the great event. Will you be allowed work leave upon your new tenants' arrival? Nursery looks ready for action.

    Best of luck to you, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I'm still on sick leave at present Jonathan. Things are taking a little longer than anticipated.

      Delete
  2. Those paratroopers are coming along nicely, top work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super paras and I am enjoying following your current domestic journey re pictures etc.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. We're ploughing away as best we can.

      Delete
  4. Conrad Kinch,

    You seem to have got quite a lot of preparation done for the new arrivals. We hope that everything 'goes all right on the night' so to speak.

    All the best,

    Bob and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolutely want to have made good picture choices when you're stuck staring at them at 3am. Every 3am ')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking figures Conrad.
    The camo was worth the effort.
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done with these paras, love the camo...

    ReplyDelete